If you are receiving the “Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account.” error after upgrading to 10.7.2 on your Hackintosh when attempting to logon to iCloud, you most likely just need to update your Chameleon or Chimera to the latest (I recommend Chimera).
For me, just the Chimera update fixed my logon problems. However, if the Chimera update does not solve your issues, you may have an issue with your built in network interfaces or a bad serial number. If you cannot logon to iCloud after the Chimera update, try the following to reset your network settings on your Hackintosh:
1. Remove all network devices from System Preferences > Network. It should look like this when you are done (and you will have no Internet access until completing the next steps):
2. If they don’t exist, add the following lines to the <dict> section of your boot plist in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist (for newer versions of Chameleon/Chimera):
Others have reported that you need to add the following lines as well, but I don’t have them present and my iCloud works:
My <dict> portion of my com.chameleon.Boot.plist looks like this:
<dict> <key>Kernel</key> <string>mach_kernel</string> <key>Kernel Flags</key> <string>arch=i386</string> <key>GraphicsEnabler</key> <string>Yes</string> <key>Timeout</key> <string>2</string> <key>Legacy Logo</key> <string>Yes</string> <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key> <string>Yes</string> </dict>
3. Delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
4. Delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.network.identification.plist
5. Reboot your computer. Both the files deleted above will be automatically recreated.
6. Go back to System Preferences > Network and add your network devices, STARTING with Ethernet type as the first Ethernet interface (do not use WiFi as the first interface!).
After you hit “Apply”, your top interface should be the wired interface at en0:
Hopefully your iCloud and App Store is working at this point.
If you are still having issues (most likely due to a bad system type/serial):
Download and run Multibeast for Lion and update your system definition (Customization, System Definitions):
For good measure here’s my System Report so you can compare your system type, etc.: